“Kabhi kabhi kuch baatein humare yaadon ke kamre ki itni khidkiyaan khol deti hain ki hum dang reh jaate hai.” It’s been 8 years since the movie was released and it still has a place in many hearts because the memories of the movie, its dialogues, the characters, the love, and the friendship were so lifelike and relatable. The movie was such a hit because it had all the perfect ingredients; good writing, light comedy, perfect casting, and groovy music.
The movie was grand, from the group’s trip to Manali to Ranbir in different countries with his new handsome as ever beard look to Aditi’s big fat Indian wedding in Udaipur. It was all so big and yet so cosy that people go back to the movie again and again.
The movie understood all the 20-something teenagers who don’t have a sorted future but blurry vision and are confused about love, etc this movie had a lot to offer to that age group.
Reasons why you should watch the movie on its 8th anniversary:
- It teaches you to let go of people sometimes not for the sake of letting them go but for your mental peace and because it’s the right thing for you!
“8 saal hogae usne mudd kar nahi dheka or maine intezaar bhi nahi kia.” ~ Naina
2. It teaches you that you can never move ahead in life if you’re stuck with the pattern or a place for longer. The ‘comfort zone’ shouldn’t be stuck with you.
“Kahin pohochne ke lie kahin se nikalna bhot zaruri hai. Sahi vakt par kat lena chae varna gile-shikvae hone lagte hai.” ~Bunny
3. It teaches you that no one is ever right or wrong. Nothing is black or white, there’s a grey area which is termed as understanding. You’d never find your doppelgänger in your partner.
“Tu sahi nahi hai Naina bas mujhse thodi alag hai!” ~ Bunny
4. The importance of time in our lives and how it impacts our living was rightly explained by Bunny in one of his very impactful dialogues.
“Waqt kisi k lie nahi rukta, beet-ta waqt hai or kharch hum hote hai.” ~ Bunny
5. How things fall right into place with the right kind of people, how we should always choose people around us who radiate the best of their energies and we are the best versions of ourselves with them.
“Kuch logo ke saath rehne se hi sab theek hojata hai! ” ~ Aditi
6. When our generation is running behind materialistic things Naina rightly explains why we can’t possibly have everything we want in life and not everything can be controlled.
“ Jitna bhi try karo, life mei kuch na kuch to chootega hee, toh jaha hai wahin ka maza lete hai.” ~ Naina
7. It slips into conversation the beauty of little things where we know that having a person who keeps you grounded or having friends who keep you grounded is very important.
“ Tum jaante nahi ki apne purane dosto ke saath baith ke, wahi purane kisse dhorana kya hota hai! “ ~ Naina
8. And how can we forget Bunny’s mantra of living his life and of course the way he puts how other people want the same old traditions and patterns of life. This generation has nothing to do with the same old concept of marriage, it’s so much more to them.
“Shaadi is dal chawal for 50 saal till you die, life mei thoda bhot keema pav, tangdi kebab, hakka noodle bhi toh hona chae.” ~Bunny
We can go on and on about how the movie taught us and how many dialogues impacted us and left a stain on our hearts forever because, “ yaadein mithai ke dibbe ki tarah hoti hai, ek baar khula, toh sirf ek tukda nahi khaa paogay.”
Ayan Mukherjee’s Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani will always be a delight to watch!